The UK’s appetite for organic food is growing, as people become more aware of the benefits to the environment and of knowing what’s in their food. Wake Up To Organic hopes to encourage more people to try organic, and breakfast is a great place to start!
5 reasons to try organic:
1. Better for nature: organic farming works with the environment as it uses fewer pesticides. It’s a way of farming that protects and encourages wildlife while looking after the health of the soil.
2. Better for the planet: organic farms use fewer pesticides and support up to 50% more wildlife.
3. Better for animal welfare: organic means free-range. Organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally.
4. Know what’s in your food: when it comes to organic, you know exactly what’s in your food. GM crops and ingredients are banned in organic farming.
5. It's tasty: organic farmers rely on developing a healthy, fertile soil to grow a mixture of crops that are bursting with flavour – so foods taste great!